Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Many newish funds N/A Scottrade..other broker's have?

edited January 2012 in Fund Discussions
I like to check the new funds mentioned in David's Commentary (and by others here). But, almost always, when I check Scottrade (sometimes just for curiosity), the funds are not available there (i.e., TSILX, BRTNX, OSFDX, etc.). Are there any other brokerages that update their availability list more quickly for new funds?

Comments

• Some smaller funds appear only available through the fund directly (Oceanstone I think is.) TSILX may be another instance of that - not sure about BRTNX.

Ameritrade seems pretty good about adding many new funds within a reasonable time frame. Etrade is not.
  • Reply to @scott: Thanks, Scott. Scottrade has been pretty good about having most of the more seasoned funds available.... but most everything else about it definitely fair- to poor. Still.... unless another brokerage seems significantly better, a lot easier to just stay with ST. (I just quick checked Ameritrade and they don't have these available yet either, it looks like...but much harder to tell availability than on ST).
  • Oftentimes the M* profile of the fund will have a listing of available purchase sites although it may not always be up to date and purchase minimums can vary all over the place.
  • Thanks, Mark. I never thought to look at M* profile for this info. Will be interesting to see what funds are showing for some of these if they've been updated.