Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Miami fund manager Bruce Berkowitz gains a following

Comments

• Berkowitz used to pride himself on keeping a low profile (used to turn down interviews). Not so any more. Seems he's in a newspaper or magazine about 1x a month. Suppose it could be because he has had two new product launches.

I'm cooling on this guy (10% of current Roth portfolio).
  • edited April 2011
    If you want a lower key fund company, try Dodge & Cox.
  • edited April 2011
    Frankly, I've seen Gross and El-Elrian on tv way way more than Berkowitz. Furthermore, in the past 6 - 12 months, I've seen the First Eagle and IVA managers on Bloomberg and CNBC much more than Berkowitz has been.
  • I like D&C, and I use DODFX, DODIX. But my issue with D&C is that for a "value investor" they don't really have a cash-based risk management strategy. That, and the fact that they're huge (which is why their fees are low).