Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gundlach: Market Signaling It Doesn't Like a Strong Dollar.

Comments

• I listened to his webcast but didn't listen to the CNBC piece so sorry if I'm commenting on something that was already addressed there. However, he also said he doesn't necessarily think the dollar's strength is done, so by extension if stocks continue to dislike a stronger dollar that could mean more pain. I also think it supports his ideas that bond yields will go lower again as both a strong dollar and a weak stock market will reduce some of the need for the Fed to raise rates sooner than currently expected, which I guess must be back to at least September now that rates have given up what they gained after the strong jobs report last week.

It seems like the market wants to keep everyone on their toes so far this year which probably means its better to pay less attention, if I only could... :)