Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Short and Longer Term Comparative Performance of Major World Markets

edited March 2015 in The Bullpen
Here is a chart taken from the link provided below. It shows the YTD performance of several major world markets. (The indexes are valued in their local currencies with dividends excluded.)

Its interesting to see how "modest" the performance of the S&P 500 has been compared to most of these European and Asian markets. I had noticed the good YTD performance of MAPIX and FMIJX in my portfolio but had not focused on the extent of foreign market out performance. Maybe my foreign smaller company and FM funds will join in on the action if conditions remain favorable as the year progresses.

There are several charts and graphs in the link including one covering the past 5 years and one going back to January 1, 2000.

advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/World-Market-Snapshot.php