Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

    Support MFO

  • Donate through PayPal

Finding a tax advisor

Need some advice from an expert around tax consequences of restricted stock options and strategy, preferably in San Diego area. How does one go about finding a reputable one. Are there some consumer/official ratings besides just a CPA title?


  • Angie's List perhaps. Sometimes if you are on good terms with a respected CPA, if they don't know the answer or aren't sure, they will refer you to someone in the know. At least the good ones will. As a last resort you might take your question to the broker who is holding your options.

    Good luck.
  • Use your Professional contacts and acquaintances, any Pro. you do business with, Successful People use successful people.....
    I gave 100's of people my accountant's contact information, they were happy and I got nothing...he doesn't give discounts.... only money saving Tax advice...that I got...
  • @Kaspa: Some reading for your tax on restricted stock options. Forget Angie's list, it's not free. TPA suggested professional contacts which is thr right direction. If you have a brokerage account with a major broker, they can call upon their tax experts generally for free.
  • Thank you all. Have done a lot of research myself by reading, but read enough to know that I can definitely benefit from a professional advice. My account is with Schwab and will check with them, as well as seek some references from successful friends, as Tampabay suggests.
Sign In or Register to comment.