Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

K1 from Oaktree capital group

2»

Comments

• After thinking more about this, this is still confusing. As I have not received the official K-1 form, I don't think I can file the estimate if I understand correctly. Initially I had entered all the estimated values, but if IRS has not received the K-1 form, this can cause an issue.
  • @DavidMMP Perhaps your accountant wants you to file the separate disclosure form, so as not to risk increased scrutiny, which might call unwanted attention to your offshore Cayman Island accounts.:)
    @Kaspa It is rather confusing. That Oaktree link I posted above has a FAQ link to a pdf doc with some info (2 key paragraphs, about halfway thru) that may make it less confusing for you. At least they worked for me. Some mention about the UBTI stuff as well, pretty much as Mark described, although I think it says if your combined UBTI total is over $1K then you have to file yet another form. Sweet!
  • I am going to file with the known information for now as I am running out of time. Using an accountant from next year. Not worth the hassle.