Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

SEEDX - Why is it so great again?

The funds has pretty much tracked the market. I had waited to buy it, since it was not doing anything spectacular, but because of lot of positive "press" around it at MFO. So I get all the spiel around it, but I want to hear from those who bought it at inception. I did buy a minimum position, but I'm suddenly wondering if I made a mistake.

Comments

• I like the frankness of the managers' reports which give me the sense that they invest cautiously. Performance has been on a par with LB actively managed OEFs, but the fund lagged in 2013 because it wasn't trading the first day of the year. Cash holdings are high, about 14%. I own it because I want to offset some of my aggressive growth allocation with a more moderate approach. I lean towards small MF shops, a personal bias. As Ted pointed out when I brought this fund up previously, why not own SPY? In my case, I don't care much for Mr Bogle and I do like Messieurs Jackson and Park.