Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• US Investors still have a ways to go before their allocations to equities look low historically (where major buying opportunities presented themselves). 1975-1990 household equity allocations were in high 20%s to low 30%s. Now we are still in the low 40%s.

Who Owns The World's Financial Assets? And Why Are U.S. Households So Fascinated With Stocks?
    http://www.wallstreetrant.com/2012/01/who-owns-worlds-financial-assets-and.html
  • Howdy WallStreetRanter,

Welcome to MFO. Are you one and the same with your name here and the blog of the same naming?

Informative charts, in particular; at the blog page linked.

Regards,
    Catch
  • Catch,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, that is my blog. Glad you liked the post. With so much day to day news I sometimes like to take a step back and see things related more to the big picture investment landscape as well.
  • Hi WallStreetRanter,

You noted,

" I sometimes like to take a step back and see things related more to the big picture investment landscape."

The ultimate challenge for this house, too; attempting to sort what is taking place into an overview, and what to do with the perspective.

Don't forget to step back from all of it once in awhile; to refresh the brain cells with other stimulation.

I'll be nosey to ask, how or what guided you to MFO?

Take care,
    Catch
  • I always checked out FundAlarm sporadically from time to time, so it was a natural progression to this site. However, I never took the time to signup for the discussion forum. Honestly, there is not a lot out there focused on the mutual fund world. It's all individual stocks and the rest of commentary focuses on Hedge Funds. Then when you do find discussion on mutual funds it's all dominated by index funders or "Bogleheads".

The Wall Street Ranter
  • edited February 2012
    Re: "Investors Pulled ..." Sure looks like case of bad timing. Hope updraft continues for a while. Most everything's hot right now. Looks like nice follow through in Asia Thursday morning - half percent or so gains across the board early on.
  • The 'fear factor' is fading somewhat compared to December 2011 time frame. This morning the unemployment figure improved considerably, but even at 8.3% is still too high. Housing market is still depressed... Hopefully the confidence among average investors gradually improve this year. Question is will this bull run be sustainable this year?