Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Does the Z-7 Fund Still Exist?

edited February 2012 in Fund Discussions
Only gray hairs will likely remember this fund that started out life as a closed-end fund. Several years ago it open-ended but I just did a search for it and can't find a working website for it or evidence that it still exists.

Comments

• I don't believe it does. I think it ended last year.
  • One of the latest p.r. releases for it that I could find was:

MESA, Ariz., Dec. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Z-Seven Fund (ZSEVX), effective
    as an open-end, no-load mutual fund in 2007, with roots going back to 1983 as
    a closed-end fund, reported today a 6.18% gain in per share value for the 3
    months ended November 30, 2008 vs. a decline of -29.65% for the S&P 500 Index,
    the Fund's benchmark. For the year-to-date period ended November 30, 2008 the
    $6 million Fund was down -3.15% vs. -34.66% for the S&P 500 during the same
    time period.

You'd think that kind of relative performance would have attracted some serious money but I guess he just couldn't gather enough AUM to keep it going.
  • Looks like it went out of business on 12/29/2010 as detailed here:

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=6178792

Kevin