Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Blackrock's Fink says.....100% equity.....LIP

edited February 2012 in Fund Discussions
Morn'in Coffee:

Guess this house will miss most of the upside in equities and get our bond house burned down from our bond holdings.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2012-02-08/blackrock-s-fink-says-investors-should-be-100-in-equities-take-more-risk.html

Have a fine day,
Catch

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Blackrock's Bob Doll is sort of like the Wall Street/stock equivalent of a realtor that always tells you it's a good time to buy a house. That said, I continue to think that it's a good idea to have at least some exposure to multiple asset classes (as I think it's of primary importance in this environment to be globally diversified). No one should be all stocks, all commodities, all bonds, all of any one thing. Saying someone should be 100% anything is ridiculous. This statement by Fink just continues to confirm my view on Blackrock.

Meanwhile:
    "Mohamed El-Erian, CEO and co-chief investment officer of bond fund giant PIMCO, said investors should be underweight equities while favoring "selected commodities" such as gold and oil, given the fragile global economy and geopolitical risks."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-pimco-bonds-idUSTRE8161AE20120207

I'm not saying that one should side with one worldview or the other (although I still think Blackrock is in the business of talking their book worse than most major firms - El-Erian and Pimco aren't without fault either, but I have much more respect for him and Gross), but overall it illustrates the push-pull and complexities that investors have to really research and come to their own conclusions on today.

Also, to add:
    Additionally, while I'm not hugely negative, I'll say that Fink saying people should be "100% equities" makes me want to sell some.