Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Investing in the Fund companies Stocks rather than their funds

Has anyone successfully invested over a period of time in the fund company stock? Which one's...... and how have they performed?
prinx

Comments

• OAK, BX. I've considered TROW, AMG.
  • Next crash. GROW goes to $0.25. Buy, sell at $2.50. That's my plan. Of course it would mean I buy a stock after like forever. And I have a history of buying stocks of companies that go bankrupt. But hey, if I don't bind it, maybe someone will and they will bless me.
  • edited August 2015

Next crash. GROW goes to $0.25. Buy, sell at $2.50. That's my plan. Of course it would mean I buy a stock after like forever. And I have a history of buying stocks of companies that go bankrupt. But hey, if I don't bind it, maybe someone will and they will bless me.

You basically have a commodity fund that behaves like a 3x fund and a handful of other okay/so-so funds. Frank Holmes is well-researched in terms of commodities, but at some point they could have produced a nat resources fund that doesn't seem as if it's on steroids.

It's astonishing that this was $35 several years ago. PSPFX is cents above its 2008 low.