Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A Mutual Fund That Cleans Up With 22 Blue-Chip Stocks: POLRX

Comments

• Like I have opined before, I think PGIRX might have a better risk / reward going forward and has larger manager ownership, while a shorter record (and hence no mention in magazines).
  • Do these people have some kind of secret sauce?
  • edited December 2015
    dryflower said:

Do these people have some kind of secret sauce?

Yep - they get people willing to pay 1.25% per year to own their Large Growth fund. Paying more than .60 is highway robbery for a domestic stock fund, in my view. ;/

Of course it looks good -- it launched in 2011 and has pretty much ridden alongside the artificial 'bull' market these past 5 years. Most stock fund returns look good in that timeframe, which fund PR folks eagerly pitch at every opportunity. Let me see how such funds work "over a full market cycle" and through some major downtrends .... then I might be interested. Until then, not really. And not at that ER -- ever.

• Why we complicate life. It is always when vs what. I wonder why I don't get tired of saying this. Maybe because we keep debating:-)

Even full market cycle means nothing. I know if I did well with a fund it is not because of the fund but because of when I bought the fund. Likewise when I lose. Need to keep it on the watchlist. If it is around when the bear hits, maybe ...
  • This strategy by this manager has been in existence since 1979 in a SMA. They are the real deal.