Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fooly Owly 12/16/2015

BUY BUY BUY !!!

Comments

• them whipsaws is giving me whiplash!
  • Is that the vaunted 39 week simple moving average? It must be similar to selling in April and going away because everyone else is going to sell in May. I'd be really happy to see some higher highs but I have my doubts.
  • Seems like this advice shouldn't be completely free. Have you thought of making this signal calls a premium package for Fooly?

More seriously (if that is possible) your chart showing the recent whipsaws action reveals "lower lows and lower highs" and thus a lower trending 200dma.

Thanks for all your extensive work and timely reporting. Looking forward to your commentary.

• edited December 2015
    Hi @VintageFreak,

My technical monitoring system (SWAG) is showing that the S&P 500 Index is currently trading within its price envelope with a peaking taking place somewhere around the 2100 mark. And, yes it can move above this mark between now, yearend and beyond. However, from a valuation perspective I rate this widely held Index a hold. With a TTM P/E Ratio (as reported earnings) of around 23 the Index is expensive and, by my thinking, its upside is somewhat limited until earnings improve. Since, about half of its earnings come from abroad ... and, with a strong Dollar there is indeed a strong currency headwind prevailing that will, most likely, be holding back it's earnings growth in the coming months.

For me, I am staying towards the low to mid allocation range(s) for both stocks (due to valuation) and bonds (due to rising interest rates) while keeping my allocation to cash towards its upper limit within my portfolio's asset allocation.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."
  • VintageFreak,
    How about adding all of the previous BUY BUY BUY111 and SELL SELL SELL!!! signals?
    Maybe red dots for sell and green dots for buy.
    Then later we can connect the dots:-)
  • VintageFreak,
    Oops... never mind. I see in your last post that you finally made your point.
  • Flack said:

VintageFreak,
    Oops... never mind. I see in your last post that you finally made your point.

I did? I did! Yay!