Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Question - What Happened to TFONY?

edited March 2012 in Off-Topic
This is admittedly off-topic, but I could use some help. TFONY, which is the ADR for Telefones de Mexico and is one of Carlos Slim's companies, was trading at $14.75 on Thursday and seems to have been de-listed. I have owned the stock for years and cannot figure out what happened to it. If it was de-listed, do I lose the value of my investment, which is substantial (for me)?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I would definitely contact your broker.

I do see this announcement in regards to the ADR shares (it looks as if they are no longer trading) from ADR.Com.
    https://www.adr.com/Home/LoadPDF?CMSID=4fed3268734848de9e4267a306f4c9b6
  • I had a few shares TMX for a couple of years until America Movil made a tender offer for it for cash some months ago. I accepted since there wasn't much in the way of alternatives or face delisting. I think I received my proceeds in early last November. If my memory serves me correct, Slim used the wireless company to buy the LAN line operation, which was formerly it parent. Supposedly, people who did not tender their shares were taking a chance of having their shares delisted. Telmex Internacional (a spinoff of TMX) was also bought by America Movil for shares or cash.

SEC web site may have more listed under TMX or AMX regarding the notice.