Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WSJ: Bond Bear Market Is Growling but Yet to Roar!

edited March 2012 in Fund Discussions
The Ten Year Treasury rose 0.36% in a week to 2.38% ... A big move in the bond markets. The article goes on to say that for stock and bond investors, it is too early to panic about rising yields. For me, this article was worth the time it took to read it. Perhaps, you will find it worth while to.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303812904577291770173587542.html#printMode

Good Investing,
Skeeter

Comments

• Well shucks ... They fixed it where just a few sentences display. To read the complete article Google the title, then open.

Have a great day,
    Skeeter
  • Sorry everyone. Please follow Skeeter's instruction to get the full article. My attempt above did not work.
  • TedTed
    edited March 2012
    Dear Sven: As Skeeter states you can read the article by title on Google, but you cannot link it. When the article becomes available for free on WSJ.Com, (five to seven days) I'll link it in printer-friendly format.
    Regards,
    Ted

• The action in the bond market is of interest. If rates manage to rise in spite of everything the Fed has done, it will be a real departure. I don't know what's going to happen, but if the ten year Treasury yield goes to 4% this will be a huge change for the market.