Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

morningstar load question

edited March 2012 in Fund Discussions
Hi all, sorry if this is off topic. However, when I was checking out some of my mutual funds on morningstar today, I noticed that some of my funds (such as T. Rowe Price small cap value, Royce value, Fairholme,...) are listed as having a load anywhere from 1 to 2%. I was not aware that those funds had load. Any ideas what is going on? I didn't check the mutual fund websites directly to confirm. Or is load meant to also include any redepmtion fees? Thanks for your help/input. ET91

Comments

• Dear ET91: You are confusing redemption fees with a load. All three funds you mentioned are no-load, but do have 0-60 days, 0-180 day redemption fees.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • M* is screwing up again. They're showing early redemption fees for a lot of no-load funds as loads on the quote page. I noticed a discussion thread on that issue at M* earlier today. This is apparently a new error that's just shown its face in the last few days or so -