Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

good morning

edited March 2012 in Off-Topic
dows > 13100...are you folks start to think about selling or go in cash more? probably may give out pretty soon because I don't see any legs for the dows to stand on...

Comments

• If you are not comfortable with your current asset mix; then you need to consider your allocation choices.
    Our house is comfortable with our current mix; for our own risk/reward tolerance.
    What factors are you using to consider no more legs for further equity gains?

Regards,
    Catch
  • Well, hey, Catch. I'm not JohnN. But neither do I see the Markets rising solidly for any length of time. It's gonna be a choppy future ahead. We are living in the New Normal, after the criminal activity which caused the '08 Crash, and for which the Financial Predators have even now yet to be tried and sentenced. The Market is not happy, it's just reacting to headlines and day-to-day stats and Uncle Ben sound-bytes.
  • edited March 2012
    Unfortunately, markets will always surprise. Nobody knows for sure. If somebody's uncomfortable or loosing sleep I'd say invest more in balanced type funds & let the fund manager take some of the decision making off your shoulders. Price, for one, has wide variety of products for just about anyone's risk appetite. My holdings rarely move more than half what the S&P does in a day. I'm OK with that, but may be too much for some. In my crystal ball I see the DJI somewhere between 7,000 and 15,000 a year from now. Don't mean to be smart a**, but really think that reflects the way markets may react to fear & greed over such a short period. Wouldn't trust anyone to tell with certainty where it will be 6 months or so from now. And the talking heads on TV tend to be the worst. They're selling commercials, not giving serious investment advice and will mislead you more often than not. Personally, been increasing cash slowly as things have risen since last summer - between 21 & 22% now (18 - 20% is more normal). If really worried, I'd go as high as 25% - and possibly will get there by end of year.