Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Man who would NOT be King

MJG
edited February 2016 in The OT Bullpen
Hi Guys,

Today is George Washington’s birthday. In the past, it’s a day we celebrated, but have recently abandoned that tradition to be replaced by a more general President’s Day. Washington earned and deserves more than that; so does the Nation.

Washington was the man who would not be king. He likely would have been unanimously voted that honor by a grateful Nation. He chose otherwise. He is Number One among currently 44 others; he will always be Number One in the future. It is a shame that our Nation does not grant him a singular holiday. But I do.

His character, his patience, his resilience, his tenacity, his honor to duty, his accomplishments on and off the battlefield, and his wisdom deserve that respect more than anyone else. He really had true grit.

Here is a Link to a 5 minute Bio that does him great honor and does so by not avoiding his few shortcomings:

http://www.biography.com/people/george-washington-9524786/videos/george-washington-full-episode-20734

Please enjoy it. The video is from Biography.com and captures elements from his history that escaped me. He surely was an inspirational leader. I would definitely respond to his command: Follow me. We could use a man of his qualities and integrity today.

Happy George Washington’s Day.

Best Regards.