Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Rebalancing Funds to manage allocations of assesta.

edited April 2012 in Fund Discussions
For some investors balancing a portfolio funds on a regular basis is a regular event. This makes a lot of sense at least for a part of your assets.
Is there a site on the web which after initially entering the portfolio will notify the investor when things are out of balance on a timely basis? This seems like a good idea especially if the imbalance is way early before the regular planned interval to re-balance.

Prinx

Comments

• forgive the typo of assets. Will preview next time.
    Prinx
  • Reply to @prinx: You can hit edit on your posts and fix the subject, text or category as you like.
  • edited April 2012
    Morningstar services (Portfolio X-ray and the like) are available free of charge at troweprice.com, even to non-customers. All you have to do is set up an account (meaning a login name and password). There is no requirement to hold or transfer assets to T Rowe Price in order to use the Morningstar services. It's all I need.

Within the past few months Fidelity added some portfolio analysis tools to accounts. My sister tells me they're pretty good. I suspect one has to invest with Fidelity to use those tools.

There's also a portfolio management service available (I can't remember the name, hopefully someone else here can) which offers a free 30 day trial. It is an application that you download to your computer rather than an online (or cloud) service. In addition to being much more than I need, I didn't like it because it was very tedious to manually enter portfolio information unless you give them your brokerage account login and password information (which I wasn't quite ready to do).