Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Stop Fretting Stocks

Hi Guys,

We constantly worry and search for reasons why the stock market gyrates in wild movements. We seek explanations. Here is a Link to an article that recommends that we stop fretting:

http://fmdcapital.com/stop-fretting-stocks/#.V9XEDKdlkiU.twitter

I suppose we sometimes have a bias to overreact. That can not only be harmful to our portfolios, but also to our health. I resist that tendency. If you were to ask me about the current value of my portfolio, I would fail that test. I don't worry the marketplace or my portfolio.

Best Regards.

Comments

• In my opinion, we can blame the financial media including social media for this. They get investors all wound up over nothing.

• What 'they' tell us regularly:
    OMG THE MARKET FLUCTUATED -- YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

What responsible investors should do regularly:
    Turn off the financial media noise machine & go for a walk.

;)

• MJG said:

Hi Guys,

Best Regards.

Tell that to the Japanese. Of course that can't happen here!

• edited September 2016
    Actually, correct: it cannot happen here --- we have way different fiscal policies. This stuff does not happen in a vacuum, right?

Other bad stuff, sure. But not what Japan did and experienced.