Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

NYT: A Down Week, Worsened by a Weak Jobs Report

edited May 2012 in Fund Discussions
This morning I have been reading the news online and came across this article which I feel is a good recap for the week. Towards the end of the article it reads ... "With a majority of global equity trading now generated by computer programs run by big banks and investment funds, analysts caution against reading too much into daily stock moves as a reflection of market sentiment."

Following reading the above my question: Does it really matter what drives stock prices down? Whether it is investor sentiment or the electronic trading platforms and systems ... the result is the same ... the price line has moved downward, in this case, for the market. So, does it really matter if it was the small retail investor or the big banks and investment funds putting selling presure in the market the results are still the same ... The price line moved downward and that is negative market sentiment.

Glad I am 25% in cash ... I will be doing some buying when stocks get beaten down either by the electonic platforms or by investor setiment ... the results are the same. And, May just got underway.

Enjoy the read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/05/business/global/daily-stock-market-activity.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Perhaps, I need another cup of coffee.

Good Investing,
Skeeter

Comments