Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar's Market Valuation Graph

edited May 2012 in Fund Discussions
In review of Morningstar's Market valuation Graph there seems to be move value in the market today (an eight percent discount) than there has been over most of the past three months. To view the graph, click the link below and then select the three month time period.

http://www.morningstar.com/market-valuation/market-fair-value-graph.aspx

Good Investing,
Skeeter

Comments

• beebee
    edited May 2012
    Hi Skeeter,

Thanks, do you happen to know where that 8% went to? I'm looking for it. I think someone borrowed it last week. I have to remember to put my name on things I hand out.

Actually, bought into the edge of the knife on Thursday and then it cut deeper Friday. Not a good week to start taking my baby aspirin.
  • Hi bee,

I have been watching this ... Two things ... It seems as earnings have been reported and with a pull back in prices widended the discount. If you look back a year ago the market was selling at a premium. Just goes to show, investors are not willing to currently pay as much today as they were a year ago for a dollars worth of earnings.

On the asprin, I take one 81mg eod ... and, ouch on the knife cut. An asprin every day made me a bleeder and easily brused. My doctor, cut it back to every other day.

Best regards,
    Skeeter