Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

GAVAX in 2017?

edited January 2017 in Fund Discussions
I'm actually keen on getting back into broader global funds such as a GAVAX. I luckily got out it in my quest to hold all "single fund company" funds at Vanguard, then never bought it back because it kept steadily declining. Trying to figure it out right now with its excessive Japan stake, what this fund is doing. Watching EWJ as a hint to get back in.

Anyone continue to own this fund? Or sold already?:-D

Comments

• PS - Anyone having TIAA account, if you could please check if this fund is NTF. As per M* it is, but not according to list I have at my disposal.
  • @VintageFreak, In the World Allocation space, I would prefer MTOIX, which is available in Fidelity retirement accounts for a $500 minimum + TF according to a test trade I just made.

Kevin
  • edited January 2017
    kevindow said:

@VintageFreak, In the World Allocation space, I would prefer MTOIX, which is available in Fidelity retirement accounts for a $500 minimum + TF according to a test trade I just made.

Kevin

Thanks. Will research. Only Schwab seems an option for me since minimum is $25000 and I'm not going to plonk that much all at once using MTRAX.