Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Amazon Eating Everone's Lunch

Hi Guys,

This article will not surprise many MFOers. Amazon (and Costco) are eating all retailers lunch, and for good measure also their dinner. Here is an article that puts numbers to that observation:

http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2017/01/amazon-is-eating-the-retail-world/

Ben Carlson writes an excellent column that I visit regularly. Both Amazon and Costco are winners because they simply do it better and cheaper for shoppers. Consumers respond to those attributes.

My wife does most of our buying; I showed her the article. She wondered where I have been all this time; it was obvious to her for years. We are a partner to that trend. I wonder how this tsunami will impact shopping centers that are anchored by many of the major retailers that were highlighted in the referenced article? These malls will be challenged by this dramatic change in our buying preferences.

Best Regards.