Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WHGIX - No more a great OWL

I had looked at this fund before but because institutional shares are not accessible to me, forgot about it. It used to be a great OWL but right now it isn't. I came across it again because YTD it has done quite well, and I can actually buy it for smaller minimum at Merrill and it is NTF.

Would like to get more information than what is on the website. If anyone has researched this fund or owns it, would appreciate any insight.

Comments

• @VintageFreak,

I own a foothold in WHGIX, but a 15% position in the best fund in that space, PRWCX.

Kevin
  • Yeah I own PRWCX for my in-laws, so didn't want to mix. Will keep researching WHGIX and for a good entry point.
  • If you don't own PRWCX, TRP may be willing to allow your in-laws to gift you one share and thereby enable you to establish a position in this fund. I have done this before for friends and relatives to allow them access to a fund closed to new investors. And the amount they invested had essentially zero effect on the total AUM.

Kevin
  • kevindow said:

If you don't own PRWCX, TRP may be willing to allow your in-laws to gift you one share and thereby enable you to establish a position in this fund. I have done this before for friends and relatives to allow them access to a fund closed to new investors. And the amount they invested had essentially zero effect on the total AUM.

Kevin

Nah, you misunderstand. TRP is "separate". There is no confusion between OUR assets and THEIR assets. I am not going to lament not owning any TRP fund. This fund company is THEIRs. The rest are all mine. Mine, Mine, ALL MINE !!!

:-P