Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bridgeway Funds Annual Report issued today

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bridgeway_web/SemiAnnual+Report/Bridgeway.pdf

BRAGX BRUSX BRSIX BRSMX BRSGX BRSVX BRLIX BRBPX

I think bridgeway puts together one of the more interesting reports. They have a nice style box of market returns showing the quarterly results and annual results. It was a good year for small value, up 31%. 6 out of 8 funds beat their benchmark for the quarter, but only 3 beat for the year. The annual report discusses the funds performances during 2016 as well as a few interesting articles:

"Understanding factors: What makes momentum work?" by Andrew Berkin
"Think like an Arbitrageur" by Dick Cancelmo
"How I invest my money" by John Montgomery (This was very transparent and interesting, although there are a few zeroes difference b/w his net worth and mine.)

Comments

• Thanks. BRLIX remains very attractive to me as a place to park money to get broad megacap market exposure w/o needing to stick to an index and/or be market-cap weighted. I'd use that over an index fund any day.

It's rock-bottom cost is only icing on the cake, too.
  • @rfono fyi - Bridgeway spent a sizable amount of money in 2016 for their fee waiver for BRLIX. I think it is a good fund as well.
  • beebee
    edited March 2017
    @00BY
    ...but only 3 beat for the year
    Isn't Bridgeway the only fund company that lowers its fund's ER when they under performs their benchmark?

Nice touch.