Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is there any way to get around the constant logon process?

edited May 2012 in Technical Questions
Everytime I either restart my computer or exit and restart IE8 and come to this website I have to sign in again. Very frustrating!!! and annoying!!! Any help?

Comments

• I use Firefox. When I enter my log on info I check the box that says "stay connected", and it does, even when I shut down and restart. Occasionally, I will have to log on again but not often.
  • Mark,

It looks like your browser is set to delete cookies after exit. MFO cookies must remain for you to remain logged in.
  • *IMPORTANT UPDATE* Somehow I got logged off today even though I did not turn off or restart my computer, I did not exit IE and start it up again and my browser is not set to delete cookies.

Also, I use MBAM and Microsoft Security Essentials religiously CCleaner periodically, none of which are indicating anything salty going on.
  • edited May 2012
    Reply to @Mark: Cookies have a lifetime. MFO cookies expire in a month. So, I logon to MFO on my computer each month.

If you are loosing the logon cookie set by MFO more frequently, one of your security tools might be actually removing the cookies for you.