Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BGBLX

After reading David's write up, I said to myself this could be a great one fund solution. Maybe I don't know enough, but I do know all of these fund write-ups make me think that is something I should buy. Not only after the fund discussions here but elsewhere as well. It would be great if the MFO started building Portfolios from the great/unique funds they have reviewed. that would be a welcome feature.

Additionally I would like to get suggestions from readers as to what they think of BBALX as a one fund solution. If not adequate by it self what would you recommend to go along with it? I was thinking of other tactical allocations which would be similar. Maybe the ones that David cited in his comparisons.

Richard

Comments

• Hi Richard, what's BGBLX? Can't find a fund by that ticker. --AJ
  • TedTed
    edited April 2017
    @AndyJ: golub1 makes the correction BBALX in the second paragraph of his post.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Oh okay, thanks, Ted. From the wording in that second graf ("additionally"), I'd thought BBALX was a second fund he was referring to.
  • I would compare BBALX with MALOX, RPGAX, and TIBIX. They are all a bit different. RPGAX has the shortest history. The others have a 10-year record. If I were considering BBALX, I would want to see what management experience each of the current team has in a real bear market. How they did is not as important as what they learned and how they would respond to a similar time period.
  • Sorry about the foul up with the Symbol heading. Thanks, Bob, good points. I did hold a load of TIBIX at one point. However it's equity holdings for most of the time I held was about 80%.