Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Swiss Bonds W/Neg Yields and More Fun

edited June 2012 in Fund Discussions
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/teleportation-swiss-safety-pushes-record-negative-2-year-yield
Best comment from the comments section: I was just thinking to myself, "Self? Where I can put my money to where I have to *pay* someone to hold it for me?"

CNBC's two constant refrains: "This will be great for those looking to refi." and "Where are the retail investors?" (crickets.)

Somewhere around 1280-1285 is, I think, the 200 day MA on the S & P. (Edited to add: has broken 200dayMA)

Facebook down again, but what's really getting obliterated is Groupon.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Howdy Maurice,

You noted: " Amazing how one can manipulate graphs. The Y axis is from 0.00 to -0.30"
    The graph is for about a 30 day period. I don't understand the "manipulate" statement.

Near May 3, the yield was about zero and has declined since then, eh?
    Check the German bund. Recent U.S. TIPS auctions all left the building with a negative yield.
    Hey, you're still holding that Vanguard TIPS fund, eh?

Take care,
    Catch
  • Rates will rise again; but Mr. G. may be pushing daisies before that happens.
  • edited June 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.