Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PMO = Price Momentum Oscillator

Stockcharts has PMO plottable on daily and weekly basis. I need it Monthly. Anyone knows where I can plot it monthly? I've been hunting for a while and seen "Momentum Oscillator" a couple of places but it is not the same thing.

Comments

• Hi @VintageFreak,

What advantage are you finding in using PMO over RSI?

Thanks.

Old_Skeet
  • I think that PMO is unique to StockCharts.com. With my subscription, I can plot PMO on a monthly basis. As you may know, MACD, PPO, TRIX, and TSI are all similar to PMO; maybe one of them will work for you.
  • edited April 2017
    First I have found MACD to be very unreliable.
    Second if you have a subscription - that's my point:-)
    Anyways, does the cheapest Stockcharts subscription provide monthly charts and enable more than 3 SMA/EMA plots, etc?

I find PMO is better when identifying "turns". RSI is sometimes late and whipsaws more as well.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi @VintageFreak,

You need a super computer where you can monitor the high frequency crowd and discover the forever changing trends as they do.

Hello, Watson.

Skeet
  • I think I'm in a happy place with my technical ANALysis. Just have to figure out whether it is worth it to get monthly charting and pay for it.
  • I found a script for it to run on the (free) ThinkorSwim platform. It looks functional to me, though I don't know how to use the indicator yet.
  • @VintageFreak: what analysis are you talking about or is it a joke I didn't get the first time?