Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• That makes it more compelling to me. I am not one for market-cap weightings.

RSP now gets added to BRLIX (.15) on my list for possible 'broad market' places to throw money.
  • It might be good choice especially when value and mid caps starts to climb back up since it does not give such heavy weight to the large momentum stocks. I'm seeing some signs of it starting.
  • edited July 2017
    I really like my equally weighted S&P 500 Index fund (VADAX) as it is cost effective for me to buy through Invesco's nav exchange and purchase program. When I choose to load equity ballast within my portfolio this is the fund I most often use. It is probally not for everyone but it has worked well for me through the years. Currently, it makes up about 5% of my large/mid-cap sleeve found in the growth area of my portfolio. Should we get a nearterm pullback in the market I will most likely become a buyer of this fund as all of the other eleven funds held in the growth area currently are at full allocation accounting for about thirty percent of my portfolio's equity allocation.

From a style orientation it consist of a mix of about half large caps and half mid caps stocks and at times a slight representation to small cap stocks. Year-to-date it trails the cap weighted S&P 500 Index; but, over longer periods of time has out performed it. Plus, it rebalances every quarter something the Index itself does not do being cap weighted.
  • slightly but consistently outperformed by RSP, and now moreso
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I never look at ER particularly unless egregious.
    Everyone might want to look at RPV and RPG too, but I understand the MC appeal of RSP. I would take CAPE over any of them. But it offers much less MC of course.