Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Looking for international or global bond fund

.....which pays MONTHLY, not quarterly, divs. I already own PREMX, TRP EM Bond fund. So a "go-anywhere" bond fund would be preferred, not EM exclusively. Suggestions? Thank you....

Comments

• Hi Max,

Michael Hasenstab is the real deal, and has produced at Templeton Global Bond (TGBAX), Templeton Global Total Return (TTRZX), Templeton Global Income (GIM), and Templeton Emerging Markets Income (TEI). Both GIM and TEI trade at a premium to NAV, and are not attractive IMO at this time. Both TGBAX and TTRZX pay monthly distributions, and I would prefer TTRZX due to the more flexible fund objectives, much smaller AUM, and better returns since inception. We own a 7% position in TTRZX and a foothold in TGBAX. Both TTRZX and TGBAX have been reported to be available for reasonable minimums at Wellstrade, although you may have to involve a WT representative to make the trade.

Kevin
  • I have TGBAX and TTRZX at Wellstrade and ThinkorSwim in non-taxable accounts. I agree with Kevin in that TTRZX is better in that it is less AUM and has performed better than TGBAX.
  • I am currently trying to purchase TTRZX. Wellstrade rep told me that the minimum purchase is $50,000 in taxable or non-taxable account. ThinkorSwim rep told me pretty much the same. Has anyone been able to make initial purchase in Roth IRA recently for reasonable minimum?
  • Ouch! $50,000 in one shot? Too rich for my blood. I will look at the M* profile for TTRZX, and thanks for the suggestion.
  • Although Templeton Global bond GIM ( CEF)has about a 5% premium so Templeton Globla Bond TGBAX has a 5% load. So initially you are out 5% with the TGBAX but with GIM you may never be out if you sell GIM and at the same or a higher premium.

Burt S.
  • TGBAX is no load, both morningstar and templeton's website reflect as much