Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

No-Load Funds For No-Nonsense Investors

Comments

• beebee
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Ted,

The Five Essentials of Financial Freedom:
    "determine an appropriate asset allocation, properly diversify within asset classes, understand and control risk, keep costs low."

• Reply to @bee:

Hi bee,

Congratulations. You have successfully distilled the fundamental essence of investment wisdom into a single, succinct sentence. It is brilliant in its brevity and wise in its advice. Very fine investment books have been published that endorse a no more comprehensive plan for wealth accumulation.

On rare occasions, I give lectures on investing matters. I now plan to use your 5-point summary as the closing slide of those presentations. I’ll credit you. Thank you.

Best Wishes.
  • beebee
    edited July 2012
    Reply to @MJG:

Don't credit the messenger...I just quoted the author (Sheldon Jacobs) highlighted in the article...hence the quotes...wish I could think so clearly and could grow a mustache like that.