Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Queens Road S. C. V. Fund - QRSVX

edited July 2012 in Fund Discussions
It seems this manager is holding alot of powder ( 27 % SRIXX as of 6/30/12). 52 week high - low, toward the low side at $17.77/ share. I'm looking at adding to my rather small holding in this fund. Anyone care to comment?

Stay Cool, Derf

Comments

• I held this fund for a while. It is a conservative fund and generally stays conservative so you will probably see a lot of dry powder all the time like ICMAX, ARIVX.
  • edited July 2012
    Hey Derf,

I don't own this fund ... but, I have been keeping an eye on it for sometime ... in more ways than one. I follow it though Morningstar's report ... and, it headquartered in my hometown of Charlotte, NC. They use to be in the Bank of Commerce building but have moved, I believe, close to the Charlotte Panther Stadium ... I mean, Bank of America Stadium. Yes, I have eye balled their offices form time-to-time in the past and studied the positioning of the fund and believe that it has been written about in some financial publications.

For those interested, I have linked below Morningstar's report on the fund.

http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/f.aspx?t=QRSVX&region=USA&culture=en-us

From review of the asset allocation section of the report it seems to be cash heavy at about aprx. 23%. (Long 27%, Short 3 to 4%, Net about 23%)

Seems, more than just me is holding a gaggle of cash.

Have a great day ... and, "Good Investing."
    Skeeter

• I also owned QRSVX for several years, but the performance lagged, so I sold it earlier this year to buy BERWX.
  • I liken QRSVX to the Forester funds. By manager design, it will always look better then average in bear markets but lag in bull markets.

QRSVX seems like a nice conservative SC fund, but I've never been temped to buy. I like ARIVX managed by Eric Cinnamond in this fund's style. Cinnamond's record with ICMAX and now with ARIVX is much better then QRSVX.
  • Thanks for your thoughts. Think I'll follow it for a tad longer before adding to it or setting it free.
    Derf