Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David on MoneyLife with Chuck Jaffe

I offer this link with some (considerable) hesitancy. A taped 18-minute interview with me was part of Monday's show. It had two brief portions: a section Chuck tagged as "what to buy now" and "hold it or fold it" round based on listener questions.

Since I'm not a "buy list" kind of guy, I mentioned the two funds that I've most recently added (Seafarer and RiverPark Short Term High Yield) and three of the four we've highlighting for August (Cook and Bynum, Corporate Leaders, and RiverPark Long/Short Opportunity). Ran out of time for FPA International Value. The lightning round included Fidelity E.M., Dodge and Cox Global, Leuthold Core and a couple others. I'll say a bit more about those funds in the August essay.

Here's the link: http://www.moneylifeshow.com/archive/120723.m3u

David

Comments

• Ha! You're right to be considerably hesitant. The Money Life audio show is just awful. You, on the other hand, we love. Looking forward to your take on Cook and Bynum.
  • I'm also looking forward to David's take on Cook and Bynum. I am interested in these types of highly concentrated and opportunistic funds as an alternative to Berkowitz and FAIRX/FAAFX. I see that it holds 8 stocks (as of March), has low turnover, but charges a 1.88% expense ratio (after waivers!), so my initial reaction is that this is a fairly expensive way to buy and hold a few stocks.