Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Our Funds Boat, Week - .09%, YTD + 8.18%........Vacation, No Report.......7-28-12

edited July 2012 in Fund Discussions
Vacation, No Text

Comments

• Three cheers for the vacation, no text, this is how it should be every week
  • Hey Catch Skeeter here. I hope you have a great vacation and enjoy your family while you are gone. Always nice to get away ... but, home seems great upon the return too.
    At least it does for me.

Skeeter
  • Howdy Skeeter,
    Yes, the get away is nice; but home is comforting for the return.
    A strange vacation year for our house, as a potential union strike caused all management vacations to be cancelled until recently. Not that management could cover for the work anyway; but the higher powers set the plan. So, now all who cooperate with one another to get the other work done are mixing and matching schedules to help accomodate time away, which is resulting in piece-meal days off. Not really an away period for a relaxation time frame; and a sad period for the kids/families involved, as there are a limited number of weeks in summer during the school vacation time frame to attempt to set a schedule. Tis not easy to explain to a child why the vacation is kinda weird this year, and sorry that we couldn't do this or that. I suppose the union could provide a letter of explanation to the children, eh?
    If I recall, not unlike yourself; 2013 will be a schedule whatever one chooses, as we will be away from our long time work environments, if nothing changes. So, 2013 should be a schedule when we desire.
    Take care of you and yours,
    Catch
  • Howdy Ted,

As long as this house's desire and time allow for a weekly report, it will be posted.

As you are more prescient with your knowledge and skills in the investment marketplace, versus this house; we will congratulate your house at this time with what is likely a substantially better YTD return than our house has been able to generate, with the consideration for risk and reward; as well as regard for net household income needs today and into the future.

As MFO is a fund investing learning and knowledge site; I may presume that at least one person in a calendar year may benefit from our reports; and this is the value of the report. The learning and knowledge sharing will continue here at MFO, with or without, you or me. Neither of us are in a position to become pretentious regarding our contributions. We're just two very tiny pieces of a much larger picture.

As to your comment; "no text, this is how it should be every week", I fail to find any value from such a statement of benefit to anyone; and am saddened that you do not consider your own personal time of more value, and better suited to something else that is productive. I have added your name to my "Colorful Characters" file.

However, we do enjoy our weekly report, more so; versus your weekly report.

Again, congratulations upon your investment efforts, and resulting reward.

Graciously,
    Catch
  • Catch, I greatly enjoy your posts. Hold your chin up high. You have many lurking fans behind the scenes.

Mike_E
  • catch, ditto what mnzdedwards said.
  • Reply to @Ted: why?