Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• @ How about teaching your kids about shameless self- promotion.
    Regards,
    Ted:(
  • @Ted,
    Wait, what ? Who is promoting what, and to what end? Did you read the article? Maybe I need to read it again and see what corrupt aspect I missed. Pls help out and explain your comment.
  • beebee
    edited November 2017
    Author and poster are one in the same... hence self promotion.

Edit: My apologies to Ms Chandler the author of @Ted's Link.

I believe Ted's issue is with Mr Katzeff's use of this discussion board as a platform for exclusively promoting his articles at IBD. See my link to this evidence in my other comment below.
  • @bee
    Author and poster are one in the same??? From what/where do you attain this conclusion?

Mr. Katzeff is an employee of IBD and the author name associated with the article is indicated as a "freelance business writer".

Will you please help me understand your statement?
    Regards,
    Catch
  • beebee
    edited November 2017
    You know @Catch22 and @davidmorin...maybe there is hope for @Paul_Katzeff, but his track record is overwhelmingly self promotion! Of Paul_Katzeff 65 discussions 64 are links to his own articles. This most recent link here is the outlier. Not someone I would turn to for advice on charity...though, as they say..."charity starts at home".

My evidence based commentary (this is what I thought of with @Ted comment):
    https://mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/profile/discussions/2647/Paul_Katzeff
  • TedTed
    edited November 2017
    @bee: I couldn't have said it better my self. A perfect example is MFO own Lewis Braham. He is a regular contributor, and lets others link his Barron's article. I'm getting ready to ask David to ban Mr. Katzeff. The least he could do is give a plug in a IBD column to MFO.
    Regards,
    Ted

P.S. Here we go again, he just linked another article I'm going to talk to David Snowball. I've had it with this jerk