Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• hank November 2017
  • Ted November 2017
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

America’s Most Powerful Woman Is Losing Her Job

edited November 2017 in Off-Topic
An interesting and provocative opinion piece - if folks can tear themselves away from making money long enough.

“This is stunningly unusual,” Peter Conti-Brown, a financial historian who studies the Fed at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2017/11/03/americas-most-powerful-woman-is-losing-her-job-what-that-means/

Comments

• @hank: I have the greatest respect for Janet Yellen, and think she did a stellar job as Fed. Chairman . However, Yellen didn't face a financial crisis that her predecessor Ben Bernanke did as Fed chair. When she became Chairman in 2014 from her former Fed position to the top job, Yellen inherited an economy recovering from the Great Recession and a vastly healthier banking system. Now can I go back to making money ?
    Regards,
    Ted:)
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited November 2017
    :)

I’m traveling Ted. $$ is the farthest thing from my mind. But, go ahead and make some more!