Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Cross-pollination of Grandeur Peak and Rondure underway

Comments

• edited November 2017
    "Continues" may be the more appropriate term, as the research teams were shared from day 1. Neither is a negative in my view, as I'm about ready to pull the trigger on ROSOX.
  • @pressmup: before you buy ROSOX, check out GSIHX if you want another option in an experienced manager of a brand new fund. It's run by the former manager of Virtus Emerging Markets which I owned for a few years until he left. He has resurfaced with his own boutique firm. Which subadvises this fund. It's sold in only a few places, Fidelity being one as load waved and ntf, same with TD Ameritrade. I also started a small position in his more pure emerging fund GQGPX until it becomes available at Fido. I prefer to have investments in one place. He ran up a great record at Virtus, Ravi Jain is his name.
  • thanks slick....this does look to be someone to keep your eyes on. I noticed in the GSIHX portfolio, Mr. Jain got a nice performance boost from a couple FAANG components, which seemed a bit odd.

But similar to you, I'm not interesting in opening a new account outside of my brokerage. One of the reasons I'm looking at ROSOX specifically is the experience with, and the weighting of the fund re Japan.

• And hard close becoming a soft close