Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

James Alpha Global Enhanced Real Return Fund

edited August 2012 in Fund Discussions
For some odd reason I am intrigued by the James Alpha Global Enhanced Real Return Fund. It comes in three flavors- GRRAX (sales load), GRRCX (high expense ratio), and GRRIX (high initial investment). Since these options are not to my liking I was wondering if anyone might know of any funds (open/closed end or ETF) that may be a suitable substitute?

Thanks- Alaska Dan

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I don't think there's anything like it - I owned it for a time late last year/early this year. It's a very odd (and I mean that in a good way) little fund, run by the former manager of Pimco Commodity Real Return. It's a tiny little absolute return vehicle specifically focused on commodities and emerging markets. It's rather expensive for what it is (it's heavily cash and bonds), and it moves at a snail's pace - although that said, it's an absolute return fund and it's held up well since coming out through volatile periods.

I think it's an interesting little alternative fund for those interested in EM/commodities, but it's expensive and I think it's going to be too "out there" to collect enough AUM.

I'm not hugely irritated by websites, but the website for the fund is minimal at best.