Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Pimco D Shares to convert to A Shares

2»

Comments

• Actually, PIMCO funds NTF at Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard and E-Trade. Didn't check TD Ameritrade since I closed account due to poor customer service, 6 month holding period to avoid fees and $49.95 per trade for TF funds.
  • edited March 2018
    @carew388. Of course! I have to be holding shares at TD Ameritrade. How is it possible otherwise. And I'm sure they will not honor grandfathering of Scottrade terms. EVEN if they did, they will renege and then make it impossible to deal with Customer Support if you challenge the terms. Same thing happened and I quit E*Trade in disgust. Serves me right for just being plain lazy. Should have transferred out of Scottrade.

I tell you, the alignment of the planets must have been mighty effed up when I was born.
  • Unbelievable-2.25/3.75 loads on Pimco bond fund A shares?! If Scottrade had bought TD Ameritrade, and kept Scottrade terms I would have stayed at Scottrade. I'm just hoping TD Ameritrade doesn't buy E*Trade!
  • You know what. I can't even find any information on fund fess, definition of NTF, holding periods, etc. The only thing I found was a video explaining when to buy A, B, or C class shares. How useful is that?

I can't believe I could have been so stupid. My future now simply holds headache, heartache and eventually moving from Ameritrade to another broker. It's only a question of time.

I could literally hurt myself right now.
  • But still, the expense ratio for Mutual Shares Z shares is waaay better than for the corresponding A shares. My wife's rollover is in MQIFX, and we have a small position in MDISX. Come back, Michael Price ...
    Harbor Funds grandfathered shareholders into institutional shares for any current or future fund. And, for what it's worth, TAREX is grandfathered institutional, though I finally left TAVFX. By appropriately positioning GPROX in an IRA, additional investments are possible. But that is a different story, as are PRIMECAP funds at Vanguard, I suppose.
  • beebee
    edited March 2018
    If Pimco had lowered the A shares of PONAX to the D shares ER level I would have been more impressed, instead the opposite occurred.
  • carew388 said:

Unbelievable-2.25/3.75 loads on Pimco bond fund A shares?!

I still have access to a 1 penny HSA account at TDAmeritrade. When I put in a test buy, PONAX shows up as NTF, but when I research the fund, even after logging in, it shows a load.

So TDA may be selling PIMCO A shares load waived while not having updated its research pages yet. Or TDA may be giving a special break to HSA accounts (they do get some better terms). Or that NTF icon may have been in error. With just one penny in the account, I can't execute a real trade.

• ? not the case at, I think, ML or Fido, unless I am missing something.
  • @MFO Members: Now that we know our ABCs, its time to move on please !
    Regards,
    Ted:)