Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ARIVX Open To New Investors? Not, Practically, Quite Yet...

edited September 2012 in Fund Discussions
My buy order of two days ago continues to be stalled at Schwab:

"This fund is closed to new investors. Only accounts which currently have a position in this fund may place a buy order at this time."

I've called Aston Funds and, after some digging, they confirm the ARIVX fund has reopenned as of 9/4. Only, apparently they forgot to notify and update their contracts with the brokerage houses, like Schwab.

Good grief.

Comments

• Same thing goes at Scottrade. Aston claims to have sent a file to Scottrade reflecting the open status. Scottrade claims they check for updates daily and did not receive it yet. I bet there is a bit of the human element involved here somewhere along the way.
  • Sometimes funds open but only to direct investors. However, then that's explicitly mentioned in the announcement of fund opening. In ARIVX announcement there's no indication fund will not be available at brokerages. Then again, it does not say it will.

Let's hope for the best.
  • One screen at TDA for mutual fund families indicates ARIVX is "closed"; however, the trading screen, once the symbol is typed in, has information on the fund that indicates it is "open".
  • I was able to purchase shares at TDAmeritrade and Fidelity on the 4th
  • I'll take the other side. I'm waiting for a better buy point!

Have a good weekend, Derf
  • I bought it at TDA.

Derf, the mgr is already holding 50% of cash in the fund. He is already doing what you intend to do.:-)
  • edited September 2012
    Still not possible to buy at Schwab. Charlie needs a free subscription to MFO:-)
    The stupidest thing is tell me when I click "Buy" not AFTER I put in $2500.

I think MFO programmers need to provide paid consultation to Schwab.