Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Appears to be another good week to verify bond fund management.....

edited September 2012 in Fund Discussions
As rates are increasing at this time; and all is happy in "risk on land":):):), you may choose to watch your bond funds to determine how well they hold their value and perhaps a clue to the managers abilities.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, tis back to work I go .....

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• beebee
    edited September 2012
    Hi Catch,

PONDX had a good day today...up .42% on the day...still liking its mojo. It also made a new 52 week high today which gives me reason for pause.

Other funds making new 52 week highs include the following equity funds:
    USMIX (Russel 2000 Index), HRVIX (Small Cap) & PRNHX (Small Cap)
    VOX (Telecom)
    MFCFX (Large Growth) & FAIRX (Large Value)

Also showing ongoing sign of strength that I don't own but, I do monitor are:
    ITB & XHB (US Homebuilders)
    GDX & GDXJ (PM Miners)
    EWP, EGPT, EWT, BRAQ, TUR, VGK (Country and Regions)
    UNG, FCG (Natural Gas)

A bond class that seems to be falling off its high is LT Treasuries but, only after a nice long run up since April.

• Hey bee, Hi,

Yes, PONDX was a happy camper again today. Should have about 50% exposure at this house, I suspect :):):). Have pondered adding a bit more going forward....dollar cost averaging.

'Course, as investors; regardless of how well our own holdings are moving along, we always look to the other areas, too. I still think the big traders and houses are pushing the equities along for a place to play with the monies and of course, whatever "they" think the value may be from central banks pumping out more money supply.
    My own personal summary is that most equities are at fair value now. There are surely sectors that may benefit from one thing or another.........but, which.......tech., pharma, etc.

Oh, well.........will be content as possible.

Take care,
    Catch