Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

New funds

I'm wondering if Fidelity is starting to change policy about welcoming funds and adding new funds as no loads. Here are some examples CETAX and FTHNX available @ Fidelity as loaded funds: Schwab offered as no load. JOFIX, SHXPX not offered at Fideit,y both no load at SCHWAB. I asked but they said they haven't changed their policy. But I wonder. SHXPX previewed several months ago at MFO with the statement by David that will be be added to both Schwab and Fidelity. Still not added at Fidelity, but I bought @ SCHWAB. Jan 2nd.

Anyone no more about this?

Comments

• There are always going to be some funds that are NTF at one brokerage and either sold with a load/fee or not sold at all at another brokerage. For example, IALAX is NTF at Fidelity, not available at Schwab.

Fidelity listing for IALAX.
    Schwab listing for IALAX. (Availability = "Redemptions only")
  • I find though that the non-availability of the two funds I mentioned in my post is especially interesting because in David's write up he said that the the two fund companies were going to be on Fidelity and Schwab's platform.
  • They are on Fidelity Platform right? It's just that they are not always NTF.
  • Wrong, JOFIX, SHXPX are not on the Fidelity platform.
  • VF is admiring himself in the mirror.
    Mrs VF: "WTF do you think you are? Brad Pitt?"
    VF: "Maybe".

Hurry up,...Slowly. Good things come to those who wait.
  • Hi, guys.

I tend to report what I hear from the advisers. If they say "we're working to get onto the Fidelity platform by spring" or "we'll be available on Fidelity soon," I pass it on. It's certainly possible that those negotiations might hit a snag or the process might become derailed, but that's not the normal course of things.

For what that's worth,

David
  • I bought a fund of recent vintage, GQGPX which I had to go to TD Ameritrade to buy, it seems they are they only brokers selling it. Ihave called the fund company and Fido to ask that it be on Fidelity's platform, but so far no dice. I was able to buy its sister fund GSIHX which is subadvised by GQG Partners but its only 20% emerging market, not 80% of GPGPX. I had mentioned this new fund before, it is managed by a boutique firm started by Rajiv Jain, former manager of Virtus Emerging Market which he managed for over 10 years with excellent results. Im adding to it until Fido decides to carry it, I would rather only have one broker.
  • edited April 2018
    GQGPX is also available ntf at E*TRADE. GSIHX is available ntf and load-waived there.
  • @LLJB, I was able to buy GSIHX at Fidelity load free and ntf, but i am hoping GQGPX will eventually get to the Fido platform. For now adding to it each month at TD