Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Looking for suitable replacement for CAMAX

beebee
edited September 2012 in Fund Discussions
I took a small position in this fund about three years ago. My thought was to find an aggressive Large Cap fund that would provide a small amount of alpha...my intention was not to have the emphasis on "small". It has the interesting distinction of being in the top 1% in its category for 2009 and 2010 and then overnight, it seems, falling to the 99/100% (worst in catagory) in 2011 and 2012. Talk about aggressive.

I seem to be comparing CAMAX to YACKX lately. YACKX has shown better downside risk and an overall steadier path to alpha-land.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a Large Cap alternative to CAMAX?

Thanks

Comments

• Bee - if you're looking for just your plain ol' CapApp value fund I can't think of a better substitute. If you're at a point where you are looking for an income builder fund with dividend growth potential than I would suggest that you look at TIBIX. Another option, a little further out on the risk scale, with scant evidence of growth of the dividend might be PGDIX. Having blubbered all that do note that I don't really follow mutual funds as close as I used to except for the 4-5 that I own.
  • Bee, if a fund like YACKX appeals, rather than an aggressive fund, there are a few funds that more or less fall in that category of pretty steady and risk-controlled, like BBTEX, PRBLX, VDIGX, FMIHX, & AMANX and AMAGX, and you could probably also think of PRWCX and even SEQUX in that vein.
  • Also take a look at ARTLX and BVEFX