Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

More Gundlach (CNBC)

edited September 2012 in Fund Discussions
Yes, I know he's upsetting to some because he's not cheery. However, he's certainly not doing badly.

A highlight of the second part (both parts are worth watching, although I found the second part more informative):
Kaminsky: "Many people are worried about the Fed's eventual exit..."
Gundlach: "There's no exit. There's no exit. I think it's more likely that the Fed buys all the treasury bonds that exist. I have no concept of what the Fed exit strategy would look like, nor does an investor or viewer need to have a concept, because it's WAY out in the future. The next move in the Fed chess game is not the Fed exiting, it's the Fed continuing."

"This a market where buy-and-hold is completely out the door." Individuals have to be more active, and that's going to be difficult.

He also talks about possible levels where the D'line funds may be closed.

Comments