Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jackson Square SMID-Cap Growth Inv  JSMVX

Does anyone have feedback on JSMVX? Seems like a good one. This is a 5 star, great owl fund. The institutional version dates back to 2003, but the investor class was incepted in 2016. 440 million AUM. This may be the reason that it has not been discussed much (and it's history of ownership).

http://www.jspfunds.com/smid-cap-growth-fund.html

1 Year 3 Year 5 Year 10 Year since inception (12/01/03)
  25.71%     12.40%     14.46%     14.92%     11.07%

Jackson Square Partners, LLC (“Jackson Square” or “the firm”) was incepted May 1, 2014 when the San Francisco-based growth Investment Team (“the team”) spun out of Delaware Investments. Prior to the team’s nine-year tenure at Delaware Investments, the majority of the team was employed at Transamerica.
Jackson Square is a majority employee-owned firm. Delaware Investments retains an equity position in Jackson Square. The key employee group at Jackson Square has full operational and governance control.
Jackson Square is a long-only, growth-oriented investment manager of public equities with five investment strategies: Large-Cap Growth, Global Growth, SMID-Cap Growth, Select 20 Growth and All-Cap Growth.
As of March 31, 2018, Jackson Square had total assets of $21.6B and includes approximately $1.7B of non-discretionary assets under advisement, which are excluded from the firm’s regulatory assets under management. Jackson Square does not exercise investment discretion over these assets. Large-Cap Growth has $1.6B and SMID-Cap Growth $0.07B in non-discretionary assets under advisement.

JACKSON SQUARE PARTNERS’ NAME
San Francisco's historic Jackson Square neighborhood has a storied past as the City's oldest commercial center. It was the gateway for sailors, prospectors and entrepreneurs seeking their fortune here during the Gold Rush in the mid-1800s. The neighborhood has retained its historic charm, having auspiciously survived the great earthquake and fire of 1906 that destroyed much of San Francisco. Jackson Square is emblematic of the dual attributes of opportunity and resilience that we seek in holdings for our investment portfolios.

Comments

• I've been watching it as well. I already own three such funds FMIMX, FOSCX and JSCVX. My concern is Growth funds have been on a long run. I'm wondering when Value (which I own) will take over. My fear is I'll buy this Growth fund just in time for Value to take over.
  • I forgot one, I own PARMX as well.