Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

investment trusts - or investment in real estates

edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Do you folks know any websites or groups to invest in investment trust/group properties real estates [especially in Texas/Dallas or Houston areas].
I don't really want to buy a home but rather put money in a group that invest in real estates for me and get an annual return. I have several real estates stocks like Duke Realty and HCN [healthycare] but thinking of trying to get commercial or residential trusts if available

thanks

Comments

• edited September 2012
    There are some London property funds (not REITs as much as "property funds" for different parts of the world), but nothing I've ever thought was compelling (and some are just bizarre.)

In terms of private funds/pools to invest in private real estate in the US, I think that's really something I'd really recommend talking to a professional about - something I'd suggest talking to someone in the investment division of your local bank (JPM, etc) about. It is definitely something I'd say would be MUCH better to go through a professional about instead of going on a recommendation.