Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The World's Largest Hedge Fund. This Will Surprise You.

edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• This is very interesting. However it is more like a Private Equity fund I would think. There's is all private money. Do they publish what portion of profit/loss every quarter stems from this Braeburn thingy?

I recall how Intel and Microsoft in the dot com boom would "make their numbers" from their investments rather than their business. If/when apple starts doing that, it would be signn to watch out methinks.
  • According to the Zero Hedge article, Braeburn "invests in the public equity markets." Without any more details, "hedge fund" is a probably a close enough description. I think these operations are separate from Apple's strategic investments in private companies.