Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Does Vanguard Link Accounts?

Hi Board
My wife and I are thinking of transferring 2 Roths,2 reg. IRAs, and a joint account to Vanguard-does anyone know if they link accounts? Can you view all accounts from one entry or do you have to log on to each one separately?

Thank You in advance
Aikiron

Comments

• From the start you're able to view all of the accounts owned by you individually or jointly with one login. With a little work that can be done online (something like giving viewing rights or limited POA power of attorney, I forget), you can view all accounts through a single login.

If you want the ability to change your wife's accounts through your login, I believe you'll have to submit paperwork for full POA.
  • I confirmed what msf stated on the required paperwork for trading authorization. The same mailing address also allow to have all accounts with one single login - very convenient.